Being a woman is hard. We deal with many various things on a daily basis from home, work and kids. So in this video I am going to chat about some hygiene tips for woman.
Many of us may struggle with ingrowns especially if we shave. An ingrown hair is one that’s grown back into your skin instead of rising up from it. Sometimes, the dead skin can clog the hair follicle. This will then force the hair to grow sideways under your skin, rather than up and out. Interesting right? If you wear very tight jeans or underwear, try to loosen things up too as this can also cause ingrown hairs too.
- Exfoliate your skin before you shave. (I use a coffee scrub: 3 tbsp coffee granules, 3 tbsp brown sugar and 1/2 cup slightly cooled coconut oil and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Mix in a jar and let it sit and slightly harden before in your shower for you use it for shaving. Note I only use this on my legs for shaving but I do use it as a general body scrub on other days.
- Make sure you are using quite hot water as the steam also opens up your pores for a smoother shave.
- Use a sharp blade. If your blade is getting blunt, throw it out there is no use for it anymore. Do not forget to rinse after each stroke.
- Shave in the same direction your hair is growing. This is especially true for your more private areas.
- Moisturize after you shower.
- If you do not want to shave try going for laser to remove the hair follicle for good.
The food and drink choices we make every day affect our health now and later in life too. So choosing healthy foods and drinks more often can help prevent or manage many health problems that affect women. The healthier the body the healthier the mind is too. The food and drink we eat also plays a part in the way we smell and the way our outer skin is affected too. Lots of breakouts? headaches? itchiness? Try to improve your daily diet today.
- Drink lots of water. Yes there will be many trips to the bathroom on a daily but you are also flushing out toxins and hydrating your body. This helps your skin hydrate and also causes you to crave less junk food. Did I mention great for your skin!
- Include the three prime nutrients carbs, proteins and fats. If you are over 30 you need to increase your protein intake to improve metabolic rate and calorie burning potential. Also, increase the intake of complex carbs. (these include: )
- Try to make breakfast the heaviest meal of the day while evenly trying to distribute carb, protein and fat intake. Protein and fat intake should be 15-20% of your diet, then have filling healthy lunch and light dinner.
If you are highly athletic or spend most of your time in the office or at home, every woman needs to maintain good nutrition. Not getting enough of each essential vitamin and mineral every day can reduce your reproductive health, and a nutrient-deficient diet can also harm your overall health and well-being. Eating healthily a few times a week is not enough to give your body all the vitamins and minerals it needs.
What your multi vitamin should include:
- Vitamin D helps our bodies absorb calcium, which is important for bone health.
- Magnesium is an essential nutrient,it is best known for being important to our bone health and energy production.
- Calcium for strong bones and teeth.
- Zinc supports our immune system and helps our body use carbohydrates, protein, and fat for energy. It also aids in wound healing.
- Iron supports better brain function, increased energy and healthy red blood cells.
- Folate (or folic acid) is best known for aiding in fetus development and preventing birth defects. But great also if you’re growing out your nails, fighting depression, or looking to combat inflammation.
- Vitamin B-12 sustains our body’s energy supply by breaking down the micro nutrients we consume (fats, proteins, carbs).
Menstrual hygiene is somehow a taboo topic that many girls even maybe some woman need to understand better. If you are not doing this already here are some tips to help you along the way with your monthly journey.
- On your heavier days. Change your pads or tampons every four hours at the least. You can lessen the amount later on dependig on the flow. This helps you with less over flow/mess and even smell.
- Wash your vaginal area with water after your toilet trips if you are not a muslim already and practising this habit. Also when you shower practice good hygiene wash with a little soapy water around the flips and flaps.
- Wear clean comfortable underwear, tight thongs or underwear made of fabric that doesn’t allow your skin to breathe could also lead to infections.
- Wash your panties. Wash them even if you think you dont smell every woman has their own individual scent that is left on their underwear. Keep it clean ladies!
If you do not care for your vagina she could turn into the incredible hulk! and you will not like her when she is angry. Lol. Here are some tips to keep your downstairs looking and feeling as good as the upstairs.
- Do not Douche. Like seriously ladies. Your vagina is self cleaning. The vagina already has healthy bacteria that maintain its harmony, The moment you add new chemicals to it you are disrupting your system. Please stop this habit.
- Stop using scented soaps down there. Scented body wash may be great for other pats of the body, but it doesn’t belong anywhere near your genitals. It can cause dryness to that already sensitive skin. You really only need to rinse with warm water to keep things clean down there. if your not keen on going soap free stick with a plain, gentle, unscented soap.
- Pat your lady dry, no need to dry it to death with your towel. Gentle drying needed only.
- Look at her once in a while. Just because your vulva never sees the light of day doesn’t mean you can’t get skin cancer or other skin conditions down there. So check your vulva and the surrounding skin using a mirror when you do self-examinations to check for signs of skin cancer. “Look out for any new moles, birthmarks, or skin tags and anything that’s repeatedly scabbing or bleeding,” If you have concerns call your GP.
- Hello Lube, goodbye dryness. Lube is underrated and underused! You should be well lubricated for having sex because it helps prevent microtears in and around the vagina, which can become infected. Nothing to be ashamed of. Women do get d=self lubed when aroused but using a little lube never killed anyone, it will actually improve it and make it hotter!
- After sex, make sure you rinse with water first then wipe. Your cleaning all the dirt off before wiping it down. Less infections caused.
- Use cotton and breathable panties or hell go commando girl! It’s all about that breathability—cotton lets air in and absorbs moisture. While going commando well.. uno :p
- Do kegels it helps strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which then helps reduce strain on your pelvic organs, and improves bladder and bowel function. Oh, and they can make your orgasms stronger, too!!!